Contract Engineer - Croydon
Job Reference: 25087
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 185+ Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply now!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A Contract Engineer is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
- To understand and engage the commercial aspects of contracts, including negotiation and agreement of T&C's between Live and the Customer
- Provide outstanding customer service in all dealings with our customers
- To create new business leads and respond to all Customer enquiries professionally and promptly
- Progression of all enquiries through the Contact Centre, but retaining responsibility for ensuring they are delivered and programmed as necessary
- Execution of contracts in a timely manner using Live's high standards and procedures
- Adhere to enforce the company's strict Health & Safety policies and other applicable environmental or safety related policies
- Evaluate and advise on any site specific requirements such as enforced security
- Use a flexible approach to meet the business needs and requirements
- It needs an individual with a 'can do' attitude, prepared to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisational hierarchy, but most importantly be able to deliver to tight deadlines, represent the company with pride and retain our existing customer base
- This role requires confident decision making on site to offer reliable and deliverable solutions to meet customer expectations
- Whilst support from more experiences team members will always be available the individual must have prepared to carry the responsibility of making decisions and be a meticulous planner to ensure no costly oversights are endured
- Ability to respond to changes and unforeseen challenges, whilst remaining professional to the customer, but work alongside the other business functions on designing and executing alternative plans
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Previous experience of managing customer portfolios, commercial negotiation and a basic understanding of pricing and profitability
- A minimum of 12 months experience within the sector is preferable to ensure the 3 month fast learning curve is achievable and technical jargon and product knowledge is understood from the offset
- As the role is field based, the individual must be very safety conscious, have an understanding of risk assessments and be comfortable digesting customer terms and conditions. Once digested, they can work with the Head of Contract Sales to mitigate this business risk or professionally respond to the customer rejecting their conditions
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.