Academy Administrator - Chesterfield
Job Reference: 24472
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 185+ Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
In 2016, the two market-leading Trakway companies in the UK merged together and have since enjoyed further and significant investment in hire equipment. As such, the business needs to expand its workforce, meaning a focus is needed on the training and development of all new employees, as well as maintaining and continuing this for existing employees. As such, the Academy Department is evolving and the team needs to expand to meet the demands of the business.
This role is designed to give an enthusiastic and passionate individual, an opportunity to use their existing skill set and develop within the business as it continues to expand.
Roles and responsibilities
As part of the business's growth plans, we aim to capitalise on the company's ability to crease "Live" culture at the heart of everything they do. The role supports this vision and is responsible for all elements of the administration within the Live Academy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to day administration of the Academy Department, including handling queries and managing the HSQE (Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental) and Training email inboxes
- Administration of the PIR (Positive Intervention Report) process, maintaining a record of PIR's and ensuring that they are closed out by Responsible Manager
- Managing the Live Training Matrix and any other Training Data Spreadsheets, updating all completed training and identifying any staff training requirements as old certificates expire
- Liaising with A-Plant Training Department, Departmental Heads, and members of staff to arrange internal training
- Coordinate all Academy room bookings
- Chasing monthly updates from all Department Heads on new starters and leavers, and then updating the Employee Training Files and Training Matrices
Ideally the successful candidate will possess:
- Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or above
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office (mainly Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paces environment and prioritise workload where necessary
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Professional and reliable
- A self-starter with the ambition, motivation and vision to see this role as the start of a successful career within the Live and wider A-Plant business
- A 'can do' attitude and driven to produce results
- Not afraid to ask questions or seek clarification
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.