Depot Operative- Bramley Vale
Job Reference: 24235
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 185+ Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A Depot Operative is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
As Depot Operative you will be required to prepare the equipment to ensure that it is clean and ready for customers to hire. The role will entail;
- Responsible for completing depot duties as required also completed within strict timeframes
- Developing a safe working environment by adhering to all necessary health and safety requirements and legislation
- Prioritise the cleaning and repair of equipment that is scheduled to go on-hire or is routinely in high demand
- Ensure that all equipment supplied to customers is in a safe working condition by ensuring all the appropriate safety checks and tests are carried out and recorded in accordance with the Company’s procedures
- Liaise with customers on a day to day basis when loading and unloading jobs
- Monitoring of plant, equipment and tools (Daily checks)
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- Ability to understand planning information and turn into project preparation
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus
- A good level of physical fitness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good level of Customer Service
- Willing to undertake relevant training and development
- Knowledge of PPE requirements and COSHH is an advantage
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.