Junior Fleet Compliance - Chesterfield
Job Reference: APH0070815
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with over 165 Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
You will be responsible for the systems used in the area of compliance for Logistics, and continue to build a safety first culture across the transport operation, to ensure that we maintain legal compliance across our fleet and that we deliver excellence in our customer service.
Roles and responsibilities
- Manage and plan the service, repair and maintenance schedule in conjunction with the scheduling department, to be done in the most efficient way for the company whilst keeping an overview on customer needs.
- Be the main contact for the fleet for breakdown and repairs
- Management of the driver walk round application defect system ensuring the fleet and driver compliance and actioning defects in timely manner
- Ensuring that all driver cards and VDU are downloaded in line with Aplant expectations
- Ensuring the missing/unallocated mileage is completed and explained, acting on any discrepancies escalating to disciplinary of deemed necessary.
- Liaising with Aplant transport department on any new fleet updates and legal requirements.
- Keeping an overview of fuel usage checking the right types are used and there are no unauthorised uses.
- Ensuring CPC hours and any other relevant training are kept upto date
- Help identify new drivers from the existing staff
- Help educate the driver fleet in tachograph laws and WTD
- CPC preferred
- Previous logistics knowledge preferred
- IT skills essential
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.