Project Engineer - Chesterfield
Job Reference: APH00700853
Live Trakway has pioneered the temporary access sector since 1966. Using our temporary portable roadways, fencing and bridges, Our 350+ staff provide access and ground protection systems for foot pedestrians through to the UK’s largest vehicles, in key sectors including: events, energy and infrastructure. Whatever the access challenge, we can make the impossible passable.
If you want to work for a market leader who can offer career progression, then apply NOW!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
We are delighted to be advertising a position for a Project Engineer working within the Contract Sales team. The successful candidate would be proactive and passionate about company products and the clients they serve. Project Engineers will act as a point of contact for their clients. They will build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with their contacts, always striving to find the best solution that best fit the individual needs of the client.
To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication, computer, and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, adaptable, and organised with the ability to build rapport with clients.
Roles and responsibilities
- To carry out site inspections and see projects through with the cradle to grave approach. This involves the provision of specific advice in relation to their access requirements and to provide a detailed proposal/quotation together with site drawings, risk assessments, method statements and HGV routes to site. On some sites, supervision and project co-ordination skills are essential
- To understand and engage the commercial aspect of contracts , including negotiation and agreement of T&C’s between Live and the Customer
- Provide outstanding customer service in all dealings with our customers
- To create new business leads and respond to all Customer enquiries professionally and promptly
- Progression of all enquiries through the contact centre, but retaining responsibility for ensuring they are delivered and programmed as necessary
- Adhere to enforce the company’s strict Health & Safety policies and other applicable environmental or safety related policies
- Use a flexible approach to meet the business needs and requirements
- A confident decision maker who can offer reliable and deliverable solutions to meet customer expectations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Previous experience of managing customer sites, commercial negotiation and a basic understanding of pricing and profitability with be desirable.
- Health and safety aware with an understanding of risk assessments.
- An ambitious individual with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- 12 months experience within the temporary roadway industry would be preferable.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.